You need to see these stunning sunflower themed bullet journal ideas! Great for Summer or Fall. These layouts will get you into a sunny mood in no time.
Add some sunflowers to your bullet journal with these stunning ideas! There is something about sunflowers that seem to lift the mood, am I right? Included in this list is everything from cover ideas, monthly layouts, weekly spreads, how to draw a sunflower and everything else in between. I hope you enjoy these sunflower themed bullet journal ideas and that they bring a smile to your face.
Sunflowers Rebranding Depression?
Just recently I learned that sunflowers are becoming the new “mascot” to mental health in an effort to end the stigma! Here is the reasoning why taken from the website iFred :
WHY THE SUNFLOWER?
Sunflowers serve as a symbol of light and hope for those living with mental health challenges around the world.
Have you noticed:
- Sunflowers grow towards sunlight with their faces tracking the sun. We need those with depression to seek light instead of responding to the natural instinct of hiding in darkness during a depressive episode.
- Sunflowers are yellow; the color of joy, happiness and hope—symbolizing that depression can be successful treated. iFred believes this symbol, if used similarly to the pink ribbon for breast cancer or red dress for heart disease, can serve as a much more hopeful and positive universal icon for mental health thrivers.
- Sunflowers are a practical and potentially profitable symbol for other nonprofits and NGOs around the world; sunflowers can be planted to honor those with depression, cause marketing campaigns can be executed with yellow and / or sunflower products to raise funds, and sunflowers can be harvested and sold to help fund the NGO or nonprofit organization.
- Sunflower planting and gardening is actually good for the brain and helps fight depression. Read this interesting article by Natural News about this very subject.
- Sunflower seeds and oils contain antioxidants, Vitamin E and Omega 6’s. This kind of brain nutrition is incredibly important for those with depression.