This post contains affiliate links which means that if you purchase something through one of my links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this website.
Who knew that creating a bullet journal, or BuJo, is all it takes to change our lives for the better and in the most fulfilling way? By maintaining a BuJo, you can easily increase your productivity, avoid procrastination, and achieve your goals. You can fill it with pictures, drawings, to-do lists, calendars, and even amazing quotes that relate and move you.
Some of the best bullet journal quotes include those that offer inspiration, encourage you to achieve your goals, uplift you when you need it the most, and allow you to practice gratitude. What makes bullet journal quotes such an effective tool is that they can be fully personalized. You can choose quotes that make sense to you, so that you can form a connection with them.
Now and then, we come across sayings that stick with us and give us a burst of motivation to keep going. To help you design your bullet journal for the year, we have listed some of the most impactful BuJo quotes in this article.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you purchase something through one of my links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog! Read the full disclosure policy here.
Using Quotes in Your Bullet Journal
Bullet journals can be used for a variety of purposes, including as a diary, to track daily progress, to organize thoughts, and to keep track of ideas. They can also be used as mood boosters as they are designed by you in your favorite colors and themes. You can fill it with quotes from your favorite writers, TV shows, artists, and role models. You could even add your own quotes or a quote said by a loved one that’s stayed with you.
Bullet journal quotes are amazing at getting your creative juices flowing. If you are designing a page with your favorite city line, a quote is a perfect way to finish it off. Quotes do not only enrich your journal but also your life as they uplift you, give you the confidence to follow your dreams, and remind you that even successful people that you admire went through the same struggles.
All the quotes in your bullet journals do not necessarily have to be deep, they can act as great reminders too. One example of a reminder could include remaining grateful during your highs and to feel encouraged during your lows.
We have endless ideas and a long list of quotes to use in a bullet journal but ultimately, the choice is yours. We strongly suggest that you only add quotes that instantly connect with you and impact your mood. That way, all you have to do is open your bullet journal and feel the magic of words change your frame of mind.
Inspirational Bullet Journal Quotes
Maintaining a bullet journal and staying true to everything inside it can be a daunting task. There’s always the fear of failing and not being strong enough to continue. For instance, a bullet journalist trying to quit smoking might feel like giving up many times; or someone trying to learn a new useful skill might lose interest along the way. In such cases, you need a healthy dose of inspiration and quotes are excellent at that.
Here are some inspirational sayings to use in a bullet journal:
- “You Don’t Have to Be Great to Start, But You Have to Start to Be Great.” – Zig Ziglar
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “The things that we love tell us what we are.” – St. Thomas Aquinas
- “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”- Paulo Coelho
- “The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.” – Herbert Kaufman
- “Don’t wait for opportunities, create them.” – Charles R. Swindoll
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- Small as it is, the sparrow has all the vital organs. – Chinese Proverb
- “Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anaïs Nin
You can also make a personal quote or something your parents or your teacher said to you as part of your bullet journal. The possibilities are truly endless. You can also add mantra-like quotes on your bullet journals or just positive affirmations. Here are some ideas:
- Attitude is everything.
- You did not wake up to be mediocre.
- Don’t look back; you’re not going that way.
- The future depends on what you do today.
- You are capable of amazing things.
Quotes for Setting Goals
To use a bullet journal for setting goals, you can create a dedicated “Goals” or “Future Log” spread where you write down your long-term and short-term goals and then break them down into smaller, actionable tasks.
However, that’s only half the battle. To stay consistent, and persevere in achieving your goals, you’d need plenty of motivation along the way. That’s why placing powerful quotes right next to your dedicated goals page is a necessity.
Here are some quotes to get you started:
- “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” – Napoleon Hill
- “The future depends on what you do today.”
- “It takes more than one cold day for a river to freeze a meter deep. Chinese Proverb
- Make it happen.”
- “Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” John C. Maxwell
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
Adventurous Bullet Journal Quotes
People who love the great outdoors and the prospect of an adventurous life, but don’t have the means to fulfill those dreams, often make it a part of their bullet journals. They organize and plan their adventures and all the ways they can turn them into reality.
It’s easy to lose sight of your dreams in the face of adversity. Whether you’ve made adventures a part of your future log, monthly log, or daily log, incorporate quotes or inspiration to remind yourself of the importance of the journey and the goal.
Here are some bullet journal sayings that will remind you of the trip you dream of and encourage you to work towards achieving it:
- “Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing.” – Helen Keller
- “To live will be an awfully big adventure.” – Peter Pan
- There is no such thing as ready. There is only now.
- “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.” – André Gide
- “Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.” – Goethe
Uplifting Quotes to Get you Out of a Slump
One of the greatest reasons people use bullet journals is to track and improve their mental health. It is no substitute for professional help and therapy, but it can be therapeutic. Creating mood trackers, gratitude-log, self-care spreads, symptom-trackers, etc. offers great opportunities to take care of your mental well-being.
Here are some quotations that can serve as mood boosters in your bullet journals:
- Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.
- Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.
- A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
- “Her Success is Not My Failure” – Latasha Haynes
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
- A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind. – Chinese Proverb
- “After all, tomorrow is another day!” ― Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
- “And still, I rise.” – Maya Angelou
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair
- “Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.” – Zig Ziglar
Gratitude Quotes for your Bullet Journal
Gratitude logs are found in pretty much all bullet journals and for good reason. Keeping a log of everything you’re grateful for helps you come to terms with your past and present and makes you an overall happy and satisfied person. It also reduces stress, increases resilience, and fosters hope.
It’s natural to forget to be grateful when you are faced with a difficult situation. That’s why some of the below quotes can serve as a great reminder:
- “Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.” – Rose Kennedy
- “I’m grateful for whatever helps my spirit grow.” – Florida Calloway
- “Every day, do something that makes your heart sing.” – Marcia Wieder
- “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all the other virtues.”—Cicero
- “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Placement of Quotes in a Bullet Journal
Quotes can be placed in various sections of a bullet journal, such as the daily or weekly spread, the monthly spread, or in a dedicated quotes or inspiration section. They can also be incorporated into other elements of the journal, such as the cover page, headers, or as part of a doodle or illustration. The placement of quotes in a bullet journal is often a matter of personal preference and can depend on the purpose or theme of the journal.
Before we move on to the list of quotes perfect for your bullet journals, let’s look at some creative ways to place quotes:
|On The Cover of The Journal||Quotations on the cover of a bullet journal serve as an inspiration to stay organized. It is also aesthetically pleasing and can help establish the theme of the bullet journal.|
|First Page of The Journal||Quotations on the first page of a bullet journal can serve a similar purpose as those on the cover – to inspire, motivate, and set the tone for the rest of the journal.|
|Any Random Blank Page||Quotations can be added anywhere in the bullet journal, either to establish the theme or for inspiration on every turn of the page.|
|Next To a Collection or Tracker||The tracker could be about self-improvement, travel, career, perseverance, or personal growth. These quotes can help remind the user of their goals and aspirations as they use the journal throughout the year.|
|On The Vision Board||A vision board is a collection of images, words, and phrases that represent a person’s goals and aspirations. Quotes can serve as a reminder of what you want to achieve and can help you to stay focused on your goals.|
|In Front of Your List of Goals||If you have a vision board to give you inspiration and motivation at a glance, use your favorite quotes to drive the point home.|
|Anywhere You Want||No matter how badly we want to achieve our goals, we all lose inspiration somewhere along the way. Some great quotes placed randomly can be a good source of motivation as you work towards achieving your aspirations.|
The purpose of bullet journal sayings is to get us out of a negative state of mind and fill us with hope, motivation, and positivity.
Words have power and the ability to change our lives for the better. When cleverly put together, words within a quote resonate with us, sum up our feelings, and often give us a reality check. Words of encouragement spoken by someone we admire leave a lasting impact on us.
Your bullet journal quotes can come from anywhere and anyone. There’s no hard rule to it. You can even fill up your entire bullet journal with just personal quotes. As long as those quotes have a powerful and meaningful impact.
You can pick quotes from our list or you can dig into your memory and recall all the quotes from your favorite books and movies that stuck with you all these years. Use these quotes like road markers in your bullet journal so they can guide you when you feel lost or are in need of motivation.
TOOLS TO GET STARTED BULLET JOURNALING:
I wanted to share some of the best and most affordable tools available for bullet journalling.
- This notebook which is almost identical to the cult favorite and has raving reviews for a fraction of the cost!
- This pen that won’t bleed through the page and is great for inputting your dailies
- This Pen for art work and faux calligraphy
- These Markers for decorating and color coding your journal
- Stencils for making layouts quicker, or if you’re not handy at drawing
Also not necessary but this MEGA pack of PRINTABLES is amazing!
Obviously the only things that you need to get started is a notebook and pen and you will use them the most. However, the markers are useful for colour coding your journal and the stencils will save you time in creating beautiful layouts!
Read my full Bullet Journal Supplies Recommendation post here!