Practicing gratitude is powerful and can have significant positive impacts on the way we feel. However, it is not always easy to practice. Gratitude journal prompts are a great way to help us put our gratitude into words.
A gratitude journal allows you to write down daily gratitude journal prompts and stay consistent with it. The practice of expressing daily gratitude works best if it is actually done daily. This triggers the brain to make the connection between expressing gratitude and feeling good. Gratitude journal prompts for kids also exist. They are a fantastic way to introduce children to the world of mindful gratitude.
Anyone can practice gratitude, in fact, it’s easy to do. We are going to share our 20 favorite gratitude journal prompts and explain how they can make you happier.
TOOLS TO GET STARTED BULLET JOURNALING:
Before we get started, I wanted to share some of the best and most affordable tools available for bullet journalling.
- This notebook which is almost identical to the cult favorite and has raving reviews for a fraction of the cost!
- This pen that won’t bleed through the page and is great for inputting your dailies
- This Pen for art work and faux calligraphy
- These Markers for decorating and color coding your journal
- These stencils for making layouts quicker
Also not necessary but this MEGA pack of PRINTABLES is amazing!
Obviously the only things that you need to get started is a notebook and pen and you will use them the most. However, the markers are useful for colour coding your journal and the stencils will save you time in creating beautiful layouts!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you purchase something through one of my links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog! Read my full disclosure policy here.
What is a gratitude journal?
A gratitude journal is a journal that you write things you are grateful for each day. This is beneficial by focusing on the positive aspects of your life. In a world where the news around us can be fairly negative, keeping a gratitude journal reminds you that good things are happening too. While you may notice a ‘happy boost’ straight away after starting to record your gratitude in a gratitude journal, experts say continuing to do it long-term every day is the key to reaping the full benefits.
What is a journal prompt?
A journal prompt is a fantastic way to unleash your creativity. If you are feeling stuck and not sure what you write about, a journal prompt fills your head with ideas. It is often one simple statement or question. Everyone can interpret a journal prompt differently, bringing many wonderful ideas and directions to the table. If you want to write about gratitude in your journal but are unsure where to start, a journal prompt can be very helpful.
Daily gratitude journal prompts
- List 3 things you did today that made you feel happy
- Did you do something nice for someone else today?
- Which family members are you most grateful for?
- Which friends are you most grateful for?
- What is something that has happened recently to you or someone in your life that has made you realize how grateful you are?
- List 5 things that make you smile
- What was the highlight of your day?
- List 2 things you love about your job
- What was your favorite vacation and why?
- List 3 things that make you feel loved
- What are you most proud of?
- What do you love the most about your home?
- What do you love most about the current weather?
- List 3 ways you could show your gratitude more
- List 3 personality traits you love about yourself
- If you have a pet, list 3 things they have done in the past to make you feel warm
- What are you most looking forward to this week/month?
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
- What is your favorite hobby and why?
- List one new thing you have learnt this week
- How can you look after your wellbeing in the next 24 hours?
Monthly gratitude journal prompts
- What challenge have you overcome this month?
- What book are you currently reading? List 3 things you like about it.
- List 5 things you have been grateful for this past month
- What is the best thing to have happened to you this past month?
- List one luxury you enjoy on a monthly basis
- List 6 things you will stop and notice over the next month
- What do you look forward to each month?
- List 3 positive changes you have made in the last month
- What is the best TV show you have watched this past month?
- Who made you feel appreciated this month?
Gratitude journal prompts for kids
- Name 3 friends you have made at school and write down why you like them
- What are your 2 favorite activities to do?
- Name your favorite holiday
- What do you love the most about your mom or dad?
- List down 3 reasons you are grateful for your best friend
- What was your favorite moment today?
- What have you learnt lately that you find really interesting?
- Who is your favorite family member and why?
- What do you love the most about your bedroom?
- List down 2 things you are looking forward to in the future
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What gift have you received that you felt grateful for?
- What acts of kindness have you done in the last week?
- What is one of the nicest things someone has said to you?
- What do you like the most about yourself?
- List 3 things that you have that make you happy
- List 2 things you like about your school
- If you have a pet, what do you love the most about them?
- What would you like to do in the future to make someone feel good?
- What do you love to do on the weekend?
Positive thinking gratitude journal prompts
- What are you grateful for in your upbringing?
- List 3 things you are currently doing well at
- What do you have that so many others don’t?
- List 10 things as to why you have a blessed life
- What memory are you most grateful for?
- List 3 things you take for granted
- Look out the window, what beauty do you see?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- List 5 things your body does that you are grateful for
- List 3 things you do that make you feel beautiful
Morning gratitude journal prompts
- What are you looking forward to today?
- What do you want to get out of my day?
- What positive intention will you set for the day?
- How do you feel when you are filled with gratitude?
- How can you show your love more for the people you care about?
- What is one thing that happened last night that made you feel grateful?
- Which parts of your body don’t you appreciate enough?
- Which friend do you miss and why?
- What can you do today to ensure tomorrow is wonderful?
- Who has influenced and shaped your life positively?
November wrap up!
In conclusion, expressing gratitude for everything positive in our life can make us happier people. Rarely do we think about all the wonderful things life has to offer on a daily basis. By using a gratitude journal prompt each day, we can remind ourselves that life is beautiful and we have a lot to be thankful for.
For more bullet journal inspiration check out our other articles:
- 30 Simple Habit Tracker Bullet Journal Ideas For 2022
- Clever Washi Tape Ideas for Bullet Journaling
- 30 Cute Bullet Journal Doodles That Are Super Easy To Draw!
- 51 Of The Best Minimalist Bullet Journal Spreads : You Need To See This!